If two people try and update the same information at the same time it can lead to clashes and some updates being lost. To prevent this, StratNavApp.com may "lock" one of the pages in "read-only" mode.
There are three reasons why a page may become locked in read-only mode:
- Another user is currently editing the page.
- You are currently editing the page on another device or in another browser window/tab.
- You or another user were editing the page, and your or their browser failed to update the system when you or they finished editing the page.
When this happens, you will see a short note at the top of the page, together with the name or email address of the person who currently has the page open in editing mode.
In read-only mode, you can still add Notes, but won't be able to edit the main page content.
Where this happens:
- if the page is being edited by another person, then the best thing to do is to wait for the other person to leave the page, before refreshing or returning to the page.
- if the page is open by you on another device or in another browser window/tab, then close the page on the other device or in the other browser window/tab, and then refresh the page.
In most browsers, you can press F5 to refresh the page.
- if none of the above are possible, then you can force the page into edit mode by selecting "Force unlock" on the main menu.
The main menu may appear on the left-hand side of the screen or, if it does not, can be accessed by clicking the hamburger icon ( ) at the top of the screen. When doing so:
- Remember that if the other person is still editing this page, that this may still result in clashes and some updates being lost.
- StratNavApp.com will try and alert the other person to this fact and force them into read-only mode (as you now have the page open in edit mode), but this only works in modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.