Adding Stakeholders to your Plan
Stakeholder management is vital to
ensuring your plan is successfully delivered. StratNavApp.com allows you to specify which Stakeholders are Responsible, Accountable, Supporting, Consulted on or Informed about your plan itself, as well as each element within it.
Stakeholders can be People, GenericGroups or Organisations.
You can add Stakeholders either to the plan
itself, or to Processes, Insights, Goals, Objectives, Initiatives or Actions within the plan.
To add a stakeholder to the plan itself:
- From the Strategy Board page, click the Edit this Project button towards the bottom of the page.
- Then, on the Project form, scroll to the bottom and click either "Specify people involved in this strategy", "Specify organisations involved in this strategy" or "Specify generic groups involved in this strategy".
- This should open a new input on the form. Start typing the name of the person, organisation or generic group. If the system finds a stakeholder in your plan with that name already, you can simply click on it to link it. If not, finish typing the name of the stakeholder and press enter. The system will then create the stakeholder record for you.
- Once the stakeholders are created in this way, they should appear on the form. Click on the name of the stakeholder to open a form to edit the details about them.
To add a stakeholder to an element with the plan (assuming you've already created the element):
- Click on the element to open up a form to edit the details about it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form where you will again find links to "Specify people...", "Specify organisations..." or "Specify generic groups". If you click on one, you should be presented with an input and can continue as per step 3 for linking stakeholders to the plan itself.
You will see that you can link a stakeholder to multiple places in the plan if appropriate. If you want to see a list of all stakeholders regardless of where they are attached, return to the Strategy Board and select "People", "Organisations" or "Generic Groups" in the bottom left-hand quadrant.